Knitted Sisters

Two sisters blog about knitting, crochet and whatever else catches our fancy...

Friday, February 23, 2007

My WIPs

Okay, I was hoping to have some things finished to post, but my hands have been chapped for a couple of weeks and it's been hard to work on anything. Here's the stuff I'm working on:

Romantic Pineapple Doily - I love this one. It just calls for a lot of popcorns, so it's taking a while. This is my favorite project at the moment.


Wild Rose Doily - I'm making this one for my mother-in-law. I was hoping to finish it while we were visiting, but we ended up being out all day. Only two more rounds to go on this one.


February Bookmark KAL - Picked up this thread on clearance at Hobby Lobby. I really like it, and this pattern has a couple of interesting stitches.


Stockinette Scarf - After reading "Knit One, Kill Two", I decided to try big needle knitting. These are size 35 needles, and this scarf is for my husband.


I'm also working on the Lion Brand Floral Fantasy Pullover, but I'm still working on trying to get the gauge right; so that's on hold for now. I'm also working on a baby layette and a Harry Potter Bookscarf, but they are not far enough along yet for pics. As soon as I finish and block one of these, I'll post the pic.

Amber

1 Comments:

At February 23, 2007, Blogger Meg said...

Ooooh...I like the pineapple doily and I don't really like doilies, but that one is special. Why do they call it a "pineapple" doily? It's hard to see the details from the picture.

I want to try a big chunky scarf, too, and I saw this really pretty deep red colored chunky yarn at Happy Cat the other day that I thought it would make a super cuddly scarf. I may just have to go back and get it and of course the ginormous needles.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home