Knitted Sisters

Two sisters blog about knitting, crochet and whatever else catches our fancy...

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Following in Mommy's Footsteps

We recently bought Emma a Disney Princess Stitch Works set so I could start to teach her how to sew. We tried it out this morning, and I taught her how to do a whip stitch! I am so proud! I took a couple of pictures of her stitching up this little purse, so when those pictures are developed, I'll post them. My only complaint is that the set didn't include the right materials. It didn't include enough of the sparkly string; and it was supposed to have nylon cord for the handle, but that wasn't included at all, so Mommy had to improvise. Emma did all of the stitching, and I attached the medallian and the purse handle. She had so much fun with it! I am so proud of my little seamstress!

2 Comments:

At October 12, 2006, Blogger Meg said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At October 12, 2006, Blogger Meg said...

What a great job she did! Way to go, Emms!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home